
The first coat of paint looked like I smeared chocolate on the vanity. I thought, those home shows make it look so easy. Coat two looked like I'd smeared more chocolate. It was blotchy and just plain ugly. The third coat didn't change it significantly. I was nearly going to get out the wrecking bar when the 4th coat started to really look terrific. There were still numerous spots that needed careful touch up, but, thanks to the superior quality of the paint, I got and HGTV finished project. Lesson learned; don't give up and use expensive paint.

Next I took the really dated gold handles, spray painted them tan (the only metal spray paint I had) and put a coat of silver craft paint mixed with a bit of black craft paint lightly over the dried spray paint and, voila, poorman's pewter. It looks amazing.
2 comments:
WOW Mom!! That looks fantastic. I am really impressed by your determination to MAKE IT GOOD! Look at how creative you are...
Sarah that looks great. It is so true that a little elbow grease can make something so much better. It looks fantastic! Way to use your painting and artistic skills. I love chocolate brown too!
Post a Comment